Good Evening Everyone!
Recently, I have been obsessing over the deserving raved about lip crayons. These nifty handbag saviors have been in store for quite some time now, but this month I've suddenly been reaching for them more regularly, whether it has been a neutral, bright or darker shade.
Here are my top 5 faves...
From left to right...
- E.L.F Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star - I think this is the perfect Autumnal shade that those who aren't so brave with dark lip colours can feel comfortable wearing. It looks like a super, deep berry colour in the tube but on the lips looks much more subtle, slightly glossy and holds surprisingly has pink undertones. An added bonus is that is tastes of mints.
- Bourjois Paris Color Boost in Red Sunrise - Red Sunrise is a beautiful glossy red that I feel can be worn all year round. A vibrant red, with slight hints of coral, and a glossy finish, whilst still maintaining impressive pigmentation. My favourite things about this product is that it doesn't start fading from the inside of your lips, which the E.L.F one can occasionally do, and that it is very moisturizing. Drying lip products are a no-go for me!
- Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in Vivacious - Say hello to the hottest fuchsia pink! Although this applies pretty pigmented in the first place, these well-loved balms can be layered to create a brighter colour. I love how the vibrancy of the pink really pops, and how the product contains minimal glitter (I hate when lip glosses have an overpowering amount of glitter). Overall, an amazing balm that will look suitable on a night out or worn in the day.
- Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist - OMG. I cannot explain how much I've used this product over the past three months of owning it. It is a staple in my school bag and the perfect subtle nude, a must-have for those who aren't allowed to wear (much) makeup to school. I'd describe the colour to be a peachy-nude, with slight flecks of glitter running throughout. Although I'm not a massive fan of glitter, you can't really tell when the gloss is applied. The formula is very moisturizing and lasts a long time on the lips.
- Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Elusive - Finally, I have another balm from Revlon. This isn't as moisturizing as the lacquer balms, but isn't far off (considering it is a matte formula). The colour is however fairly misleading, as the tube is a dull, muted pink, but on the lips it appears much brighter and bolder. This has a tendency, like all matte lip products do, to settle into all the cracks on the lips, however this can be settled by using a lip scrub/balm beforehand.
Overall, I just love everything about lip crayons and cannot wait for all these brands, and more, to bring out more ranges/colours in their collections. Application is just bliss when the product is in the form of a crayon..I'm sure you will all agree with me?
Thank you for reading, don't forget to leave a comment below on what you think about lip crayons.